Victorian Opal and Diamond Cluster Ring
A rare and beautiful Victorian ring, 1890's.
The opal is oval set with (26) twenty six gold claws. Surrounded by 24 sparkly rose cut diamonds in a rub over silver setting.
The opal has a gorgeous array of colours: from vibrant pink through lush green to light violet. It is almost impossible to convey the colour in a photograph as it is shown best when the ring is in motion, with the colours shifting and changing as the stone moves through the light.
The cabochon-cut opal is set within a border of diamonds, 0.24 total carat weight, but it's the opal which is the star of the show.
• Opal 11mm by 13mm 5.2 carat estimate in mount
• Diamonds 24 x0.01 total 0.24carat
• Dimensions width 17mm by 15mm
• Hallmarked Unmarked tested as '18ct' rose gold. Diamonds set in silver
• Weight 5grams
• Finger size US '7' UK'N 1/2'
• Ring can be sized
• Condition - Excellent
• Item will be packaged with gift box and shipped Royal mail with insurance