Antique Victorian double headed snake ring with sapphire and ruby in 18ct gold
Antique Victorian double headed snake ring set with a sapphire and ruby in 18ct gold c.1870's
Smooth and flush to the finger, this sapphire and ruby ring is very easy to wear and both stones have a great colour.
Snake rings were commonly given as a symbol of eternal love. Prince Albert proposed to Queen Victoria with the very first engagement ring, which was in the image of a snake with an emerald-set head. For Victoria, the snake was an emblem of eternal love, making her betrothal ring the ultimate token of happily-ever-after.
• Dimensions width 25mm 15mm
• Hallmarked 18ct yellow gold
• Weight 9grams
• Sapphire 0.40 carat round cut
• Ruby 0.40 carat round cut
• Finger size 'US '8' UK'0'
• Ring can be sized upon request.
• Condition - good with some wear.
• Item will be packaged in a gift box and shipped Royal mail with insurance
Thank you for viewing this item. We offer a deposit option so please do get in touch if you are interested. Insured shipping is also included. Please do read our terms of sale before making any purchase, thank you. As this piece is antique you should not incur any import taxes but please do get in touch and we will check this for you.SKU: